We all want a great marriage, but how do we cultivate and maintain an extraordinary connection in the midst of life’s stressors and challenges? For over 30 years, Dr. Terri Orbuch has researched the habits and practices of happy couples (and unhappy ones) in her landmark National Institutes of Health (NIH) study. She joins me to discuss her book, 5 Simple Steps to Take Your Marriage from Good to Great, in which shares simple, practical strategies from her longitudinal study including:
· How to maintain realistic expectations without settling.
· The no. 1 problem in marriages.
· How happy couples communicate vs. unhappy couples.
· The need men have which, when met, predicts they’ll be happy and content in their marriage—and no, we’re not talking about sex!
· What factors make for the strongest marriages.
· How to “trick your brain” to reignite the spark in your marriage.
· The no. 1 topic daters should not discuss on dates!
I put it this way on Instagram, “Marriage is great, but only if it’s a great marriage!” Join us to learn research-based tools and techniques to level up your marriage/relationship!