Recently a listener asked me, “What if subconscious beliefs are affecting my love life and I don’t even know it?” Great question! Our beliefs—even those we’re unaware of—absolutely impact our relationships in profound ways. To explore this topic in depth—and to examine how beliefs affect couples, too—I’ve invited marriage therapist, Elliott Anderson, M.A. (aka my brother), to share what he’s learned from 30 years of working with couples.
Join us to delve into:
· How our negative beliefs about relationships can inadvertently manifest exactly what we fear!
· The power in identifying the meaning beneath beliefs, and how to reframe this meaning in a positive direction.
· The importance of examining beliefs passed down from our family of origin—and how our single adult years facilitate this process.
· Why we MUST keep our standards high in dating and in marriage!
· What to do if we don’t truly believe we’re worthy of love.
· How a therapist’s belief in a couple’s potential provides hope and emboldens their relationship.
When it comes to beliefs, what we don’t know CAN hurt us! But through introspection—and therapy when needed—we can uncover subconscious beliefs, challenge them if necessary, and choose ones that best serve us in love and life!