It’s easy to get discouraged if we’re single and we don’t want to be. We worry we’re wasting time—time we could be building into a fantastic marriage. But science shows we can actually work on our future marriage while we’re still single! Join Dan and me as we share psych research from Tara Parker Pope’s book, For Better: How the Surprising Science of Happy Couples Can Help Your Marriage Succeed. We dish on the following research-based strategies:
· How keeping your standards high when you’re single sets you up for a stellar marriage!
· Why communication is not necessarily the key.
· Habits—establishing good ones and avoiding bad ones.
· Sex, sex, and more sex.
· The importance of creating excitement.
· How the emotional work you do as a single adult prepares you to be a better, more loving spouse once you do get married.
Even if you’re single for much longer than you hoped to be (as I was), know that no experience is ever wasted! Take a listen to learn tangible steps you can take today to build a solid foundation for your future marriage!